I am currently putting together a list for my blog of some areas of Intermediate math which I identified as qualifying for the ‘often-missing-but-really-need-to-know-bits’… but for today here are some FAQ of me as a teacher:
My experience: 5 FAQ from parents re Intermediate math!
1. How can I get my child to learn their Times Tables? Aghhhhh…. (this is definitely number one!)
2. Which method should we be using to solve multiplication and division questions? Is ‘my’ method ok?
3. How do you change fractions into decimals/percentages? Is there an easy way?
4. What is the point of worded problems?!!! Why do children need to do them?
5. What are mean, mode, median? Is there an easy way to ‘get’ them?